Sunday, February 7, 2010

Posted by Picasa
At any given time my house has between 1 or 5 of my own children and many of other peoples' in it. From the outside anyone can see that my life is clearly busy with chores and cooking and taxi-ing and homework, etc, etc.
It 's great to have a breather, coffee with a friend, breakfast with my sister, a movie, or a book.
But, my real labour is not in the activities of my days, but in my mind and heart. That's where I carry my burdens and get really heavy laden and need more than a coffee !
The image of farmlands, mud, rolling green hills and cows with brown eyes is my mind's happy place. When I am so weary and heavy laden I try to imagine that I am lying in that green pasure. The Lord has taken all my burdens and because He is at work I can rest. I was inspired to paint this picture as a visual reminder of this!

A very special friend was recently encouraging me and told me this:

In my life I will only rest according to the measure of the revelation in my heart of why God is at rest with me.
He saw enough of his image and likeness in me that He said it was VERY GOOD then He rested!

How profound is that?!

Come to me all you who labour and are heavy laden.
I'll give you rest.
My yoke is easy and my burden is light.

1 comment:

  1. That's a lovely place to go.i can go there with you through this beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete